Thank you for your interest in adopting from the Animal Wellness Foundation. Below you will find information about the adoption process.
Our mission is to place homeless dogs and cats into loving, forever homes. We take special care to match the right home with the right pet, ensuring a lifetime of love for both the pet and the adopter. Our adoption process was designed to help ensure that we select the best homes for our animals.
- Complete an online adoption questionnaire.
- Pre-Adoption home visit. We conduct a pre-adoption home visit prior to placing an animal to ensure that they will be living in a safe environment. This also gives our adoption counselors an opportunity to go over tips on how to best introduce the cat/dog to your home and make the transition as easy as possible.
- Adoption Contract and Donation. Next, both the adopter and Animal Wellness Foundation sign an adoption contract and the adopter pays the adoption donation.
- Adult dogs (over 12 months) – $275
- Puppies (under 12 months) – $350
- Adult cats (over 12 months) – $150
- Kittens (under 12 months) – $175
- 2 Kittens (because 2 are better than 1:) – $300
Your adoption donation helps to offset part of the veterinary care and temporary boarding costs of the adopted pet. Any additional donation is greatly appreciated and will help us continue our lifesaving work!